Contact

To reach the author, please contact jch (at) crunchychewymama (dot) com. For more information about Jessica Claire, visit her blog or website.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Stained glass window

We finally went up to Baltimore to talk with Donna of Terraza Stained Glass regarding our stained glass window design that will go in between the bathroom and the great room. Donna has been super patient with me since first bidding on this project through CustomMade.

We've had the design for a while, but yesterday we got to look at color samples and at the computer program she's going to send me so that I can try playing around with different color combos at home.

It was a surprise to see how big the leaves were in our design when I saw it all blown up, life-sized!
 
The design doesn't look as gigantic now that I see it up on the wall, but I still think we might shrink it and put a border around it. That would make the leaves smaller and also give us a chance to use another color (or two) without making the actual design too busy. I love so many of these glass samples, it's hard to choose!

Here are all the samples I brought home, in different light/direction:









And here are the ones I think we've narrowed it down to:


Background will be the champagne color or maybe the champagne with purple. Leaves might be purple, or green, or some of both. Not sure if they will be all one color or two-toned (one color on either side of the vein).

Here is a previous version with all the numbered spaces that we will have to decide on. 



We'd love feedback and advice!

1 comment:

  1. I love the design! It's going to look beautiful and I can't wait to see it! I am happy you went through extra effort to bring in natural light in unexpected place. You're going to appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete