Contact

To reach the author, please contact jch (at) crunchychewymama (dot) com. For more information about Jessica Claire, visit her blog or website.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Reclaimed wood, repurposed home items in/around DC

In late October, I saw an ad in the Washington Post Local Living section for an open house at a place that stocks reclaimed wood. I called them, looked them up on Facebook, and thought about going out wherever they were an hour or so west of here.

But then it snowed. The day before Halloween. We didn't go.

I saw on Facebook that they went on despite the weather. I know I saw those photos. But I must have not "liked" the page, because I can't find it.

Now that it's seriously time to look into flooring for our home renovation, I'm determined to get some links down in one place before they slip through my fingers or through the holes in the Swiss cheese that is my brain.

Here are some resources of reclaimed wood and materials for repurposing in/around DC/Northern Virginia:

The Brass Knob in Adams Morgan

Second Chance in Baltimore

Community Forklift in Edmondson, MD

Habitat for Humanity ReStore outlets


Lumber for flooring

Shenandoh Furniture Gallery in Purcellville, VA

Mountain Lumber in Charlottesville, VA

Appalachian Woods in Stuarts Draft, VA

The Woods Company in Chambersburg, PA

Historical Woods of America in Fredericksburg, VA

No comments:

Post a Comment